Prior to your son/daughter joining us for soccer activities, Mass Youth Soccer requires all adults involved in soccer activities to read, understand and conduct themselves in accordance with the Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association COVID-19 Return to Soccer Activities Guidelines. It is important that you read the information below and ensure that you have read and understand the Player and Parent sections in the Mass Youth Soccer Return to Soccer Activities Guidelines.
To ensure the health & safety of all athletes, MYS will be taking the following steps to provide a safe/clean soccer environment. These are highlights and or additions to the above Mass Youth Soccer Guidelines. Please familiarize yourself with these protocols and help us to enforce them by making sure you and your child are following the safety recommendations below.
- We will follow all state and local health protocols along with recommendations from US Soccer, US Youth Soccer & MA Youth Soccer.
- Your coach is required to check how all players are feeling upon arrival. If your child looks or is acting ill, they will not be permitted to participate. If you notice your child is not feeling well, please keep them home. Promptly report any significant illness concerns and/or imposed quarantines - due to travel, other sports teams, school, etc. - to your coach.
- Everyone (spectators and players) at Wheelock MUST wear a mask. Only face coverings that secure with loops around a player’s ears are acceptable. There are exceptions listed in the Mass Youth Soccer Guidelines but the default expectation is that face coverings will be worn.
- Each player must bring their own soccer ball to practice and games.
- Only one adult spectator per player. We understand that there will be times when other children must attend but please try to limit all spectators.
- Coaches are the only person that will be handling any of the training equipment (cones, discs, portable mini goals, etc). Sanitization spray will be available at Wheelock to all coaches to sanitize equipment before, during and after events.
- Each player must bring their own personal hand sanitizer & will be expected to apply it prior to and after events - and during, if needed. Coaches will have extra hand sanitizer but each player must bring their own.
- All spectators must adhere to CDC and DPH assemblage and distance guidelines, including wearing face coverings, per DPH guidelines.
- Soccer will be permitted to be played by the players under the updated rules/laws of the sport.
Medfield Soccer reserves the right to remove players, parents and/or coaches from the program if there is intentional or repeated disregard for this restart plan.
Additional information on the Mass Youth Soccer Return to Soccer Guidelines can be found here: https://www.mayouthsoccer.org/return-to-soccer-activities/
If there are any concerns or questions about the above, please contact:
Matt Koch, President MYS - email@example.com
Chris Casey, MYS COVID-19 Safety Officer - firstname.lastname@example.org